Sunday, September 22, 2013

2013: Part Three: Now

When I'm not at work, I'm working as executor of my father's estate - a hard job and one I don't recommend. His estate has been in probate little more than a month (out of three), and then there are various duties before the will's sole beneficiary (myself) can claim his/my inheritance. Being executor, it'll be strange giving myself an inheritance. This executor task is consuming me - there is so much to remember and folks to contact - and bills to pay. Luckily, I have a wonderful lawyer who will no doubt receive a (well-deserved) bountiful recompense for her trouble. 

So where does that leave me when I'm not working on daddy's estate or selling records, CDs, and DVDs? I've been writing intermittently on one of my projected web comix, a dream project called Flicker Street (there's a character slideshow along the right side of this blog somewhere). Also, I've been gradually drifting back into the orbit of She Never Slept. The next piece to see the light of day from me for SNS will be my ConCarolinas and HeroesCon reports. After that? Well, I'd like to resurrect Retrodrome, but that's up to my producer (and wife). I owe my viewers a review of Philip Jose farmer's A Feast Unknown that I promised 8 or 10 months ago, as well as a review of Andrjev Zulawski's classic film Possession. When Retrodrome will return, I do not know. It could be 2014 the way things are going. 

Finally, my friend Scott Mosely (aka Vesbius Flestrin on Facebook) is penning an Oz book that he wants me to illustrate. Perhaps we'll firm up these plans when we go to see Italian prog band (and mastermind behind a number of classic Italian film soundtracks - Dawn of the Dead, Suspiria, Tenebre, Deep Red, Buio Omega, and more) Goblin in Asheville, NC on October 3, their only other appearance in the American South, outside of Atlanta, on - believe it or nor not - their first ever real American tour in their nearly 40-year on-and-off existence. To say we're stoked is an understatement, both of us being longtime fans of Goblin's music and the films it brings phantasmagorical dimension to. 

Next up: 2013: Part Four: Cinematherapy

No comments: